Expert Recommends Frizzy Hair Remedies That Actually Work
Monsoon Hair Care: Frizzy hair is one of the most common hair problems faced by women during the rainy season. The dermatologist recommends simple and effective remedies to avoid this.
Monsoon Hair Care: Condition your hair before and after shampooing to prevent frizz
- Moisturize your strands well to avoid frizzy hair
- Applying a little coconut oil to the strands (not the scalp) may help
- Use a good dandruff shampoo, preferably with salicylic acid
The rainy season is not such a good time for your hair. Excess humidity in the air can make your hair frizzy and even greasy sooner than usual. Washing your hair often, especially when you sweat, can help prevent dull, frizzy hair. Frizz happens if you have dry hair that lacks moisture. Humidity and humid weather tend to make frizzy hair worse. Moisture from the air is absorbed by dry hair. This results in each hair cuticle or outer layer of hair swelling, instead of lying flat. The cuticles are made up of overlapping scales, which rinse and separate in moist air, giving the hair a frizzy appearance.
Monsoon Hair Care: Tips To Take Care Of Frizzy Hair At Home
Dermatologist Dr. Kiran Lohia recently took to Instagram to share some tips for successfully managing frizzy hair at home. For starters, you should avoid alkaline shampoos. The use of styling tools, including the hair dryer, should be controlled. Here are some other tips that can help:
Also read: 5 vitamins you need to add to your diet for healthy hair
1. Moisturize your strands enough so they don’t attract moisture from the air. Use conditioner on your hair before and after washing it. So you use conditioner, then apply shampoo, then reuse conditioner, recommends Dr. Lohia. Leave the conditioner on for a few minutes. It will smooth your hair strands and draw in less moisture from the air.
2. Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your strands (not your scalp). It acts as a natural hair serum and can prevent frizz in the hair.
3. If you have dandruff, be sure to use a good dandruff shampoo. One with salicylic acid can help reduce oil in the scalp. It can be good for improving the quality of your hair during the rainy season.
Also read: Dealing with post-pregnancy hair loss? Follow these dietary tips from a nutritionist
(Dr. Kiran Lohiya is a dermatologist at Isya Aesthetics)
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides generic information only. It does not in any way replace qualified medical advice. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim any responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs, providing the most credible health information, health news and advice with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, videos informative, etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate information you need about health issues. such as diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle related diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by providing valuable input and bringing us the latest in the world of healthcare.